Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Still searching :The artist's style block

Do you find yourself searching for you art style? For the things that will free you and give you wings to fly high in your art profession?! Then stand next to me and next to millions like us around the world.
When I ask myself what type of drawing/ painting I like most, the answer is always something with colors, yet even colors can bore you.
Every now and then I find myself stuck in thinking my art over and over. Should I copy others ? A big NO comes quickly to claim my mind. Should I paint abstracts (colors and no shapes sounds fun ) ? Well it's tempting but deep inside I find it worthless to paint things that needs to be explained. Should I draw in pencil more and practice so I overcome this recurring interval?  it sounds logical but deep down I hate pencil for anything but my personal incoherent scribbles.  Should I use color pencils?  It combines neatness and colors but there is no long life span. And the questions go on to my duties and study and other responsibilities.
What to do?
First, don't beat yourself up for thinking in this way because it will bring you no solution.
Second, think of future painting ideas instead of wasting your time thinking about your art block.
Third, remember that art is a state of chaos that an artist tries to tame.
Forth, try to schedule your art time in order to get yourself into the mood and leave all your worries behind.

in this concern i'm reminded of the words of Steve Jobs:
"Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it. "
Good luck with your art.
Wish me luck
Ola :)

No comments:

Post a Comment